Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sentimental Heart

I am going to bump NPR and say, listen to it!
The one that broadcasts here in Southern California is great--especially when they have Zooey Deschanel as a guest!

I was excited to turn on my lovely radio and hear a hauntingly beautiful voice posing as a Dj!
All of this is just too exciting for my meek heart. I just about flipped.
She is releasing an album with M. Ward entitled Volume One in March.
With their powers combined, they form the unstoppable duo, She And Him.

Miss Deschanel will also be performing Tuesday evening, January 8th at the Walt Disney Concert Hall for a show called Concrete Frequency: Songs of the City. This is going to be an amazing show that reminds us of the strong connection between music and the city (a bond that I have forgotten in the short time of being away from the metropolis).

Going to this show was merely a plan for me (way before Christmas). And it just kind of dropped of the face of the world. Insufficient funds and whatnot.
Anyway, I don't think anyone else I asked really wanted to go.

Well, it was really a treat to listen to my new favorite appliance in a new bedroom by candlelight.
The sound of rain out my window. The hope of snow in the morning.
And the most beautiful voice singing the sweetest songs.

No comments: